MEVACO S.A was founded in 1993, after the merging of 2 companies with a history back to 1971.
MEVACO is a leading company in the field of metallic constructions, providing solutions and services to hundreds of customers, with its state of the art machining and equipment, its various compatible and special processes implemented and its flexible organizational structure.
In 1999, the company was listed on the Athens Stock Exchange and, by accelerating its growth, has established a considerable presence within the Global market. The company provides products and services mainly to the Hellenic private sector, while maintaining a significant international presence in both commercial and military applications.
105 in production
Since 1999, MEVACO is involved in military projects, while in 2011, added in its organization a separated department for the fabrication of Defense Materiel, providing the appropriate significance to the complexity of such projects.
MEVACO provides services in the following areas:
- SPECIAL PROCESSES:
– FUSION WELDING OF STEELS IAW AWS-D17.1 AND D1.1 & WS33739
– FUSION WELDING OF ALUMINUM IAW AWS-D17.1 AND D1.2 & WS33739
– SPOT WELDING IAW AWS D17.2 & WS33739
– WET PAINTING IAW MIS-20007, REV.AE,
– CONDUCTIVE PAINTING IAW MIS-41252,
– PENETRANT INSPECTION IAW ASTM-E-1417, TYPE I, METHOD C,
– MAGNETIC PARTICLES INSPECTION OF WELDMENTS AND MACHINED PARTS IAW ASTM-E-1444,
– ALUMINUM CHEMICAL CONVERSION COATING per MIL-DTL-5541,
– STAINLESS STEEL PASSIVATION per QQ-P-35 (S/S BY ASTM A967 OR AMS-QQ-P-35),
– STEEL CADMIUM PLATING per QQ-P-416 (S/S by AMS-QQ-P-416),
– SEALING WITH SEALANT COMPOUNDS PER SAE-AMS-S-8802 (PROSEAL), ANTISLIPPING COMPOUND APPLICATION PER MIL-W-5044 AND A-A-59166, MARKING PER MIS-37271, CONDUCTIVE SEALING PER MIS-47042,
– ADHESIVE BONDING PER MIL-A-46146, MMM-A-1617, MIL-S-22473 AND MIL-S-46143,
– POWDER COATING,
– WELDING VISUAL INSPECTION,
– OTHER ADHESIVE – SEALANT APPLICATION AND
– OTHER PROCESSES PER THE REQUIREMENTS OF APPLICABLE STANDARDS
- COMPATIBLE PROCESSES:
– LASER CUTTING,
– PRESS CUTTING – FORMING,
– ROLL FORMING,
– SURFACE GRINDING,
– SAND BLASTING,
– MASKING FOR PAINTING,
– INSERTS INSTALLATION,
– VISUAL INSPECTION,
– DIMENSIONAL INSPECTION
- Defence Applications Experience
Utilizing its advanced production capabilities, large-scale project management, know-how and co-operative actions with leading international defence industries, MEVACO participates in military production projects, since 1999, while, in 2011, inserted the Defence Programs Department to its Organization, in order to co-ordinate and execute efficiently the company’s defence-related activities.
The most important ongoing military projects are as follows:
Patriot LS Program and the upgrade of the Helenic Navy Communication System, as a subcontractor of IDE.
The most important military projects fulfilled in the past are:
Patriot AMG Program metallic parts and constructions, as a subcontractor of IDE.
MEVACO has developed considerable capabilities in the production, in accordance with relevant MIL-STDs, of metallic (Steel & Aluminum) components and assemblies for aeronautical & missile applications, MEVACO’s experience is constantly being enhanced through its cooperation, as a major subcontractor of leading Greek Companies of the Defence & Aerospace Sector.